Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Installation Question

walt whrauser at erols.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:25:45 -0400

I'm doing an evaluation and am having trouble installing Wing on the
system
where I would be using it.

The docs indicate that a user must have write permission to:

C:\Program Files\Wing IDE\userid

I don't -- and can't get it!  The only write permission I have on this
system on C: is to:

C:\Documents and Settings\userid

Is there any way to install Wing so it uses C:\Documents and
Settings\userid
or another non-C: drive of my choice by setting an environment variable,
etc.

If not, can I assume that I could purchase Wing and then modify the
source
and rebuild to use "Documents and Settings" instead of "Program Files"?

Thanks,

Walt