Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] segfault as ordinary user

support@wingide.com support at wingide.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:41:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 jholland@tomsw.com wrote:
> I just installed wingide-lite on RedHat 7.3 with the RPM. I ran rpm -Uvh as
> root and then ran the program and installed the license. It segfaults when
> I try to run it as an ordinary user. How should I attack this problem?

Run Wing with "winglite --verbose" to see extra output.  That may include
a traceback or at least would show how far the startup process is getting.
Please send the output to support@wingide.com.

Also worth checking the permissions on everything in /usr/lib/wingide-lite
to see whether the normal user has access.  We install only to that
location and set up the usr/bin/winglite executable.

Hope that helps.  If not, please let us know.

Wing IDE for Python
www.wingide.com