Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing integration with Bicyclerepairman?

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 19:01:47 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Adam Feuer wrote:
>   If we wanted to add Bicycle Repairman to Wing ourselves, how would we add
> a menu and key bindings to Wing? Is there sample code somewhere?

We don't have sample code other than the IDE itself.  Those that have
made custom extensions have just dived into that.

Most of the changes would be in src/guimgr/constants.py (to add/alter
menu items), in class CTopLevelCommands in src/guimgr/guimanager.py
(to add new commands), and the keymap.* files in the top level of
the installation (to add key bindings).

You will of course need to get the sources if you don't have them already.
Depending on when you purchased your licenses, this may require a
non-disclosure agreement from each individual that will have access
to the sources:

http://wingide.com/pub/wingide/support/source-non-discl.pdf

If you need more info on how to build and display dialogs, how
to access the editor internals, or other specific questions, please
send us email at support@wingide.com.

Be warned that we've made major changes to just about everything in the
current bleeding edge source branch.  Part of that is a move towards
making extensions like this easier and to make them more maintainable
across releases of the IDE, but for now it's best to keep dependency on
our sources to a minimum.

- Stephan