Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing integration with Bicyclerepairman?

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:46:44 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Adam Feuer wrote:
>   We also use Bicycle Repairman quite a bit- it's Python's refactoring
> browser, allows automated refactorings across our entire codebase (renaming
> methods, variables, etc.). For us, it's an essential tool!
>
>   Are there plans to integrate Bicycle with Wing? There is integration
> already for IDLE- so there is a straightforward example.
>   Or has this been done already...?

It hasn't been done but we do plan to add refactoring support in some
form in the future.  Whether this will be based on Bicycle Repairman
or our own existing source analysis engine is not clear, but the idea
would be the same.

In the current product, it might help to alter the file reload options
in preferences to be:

cache.unchanged-reload-policy="auto-reload"

This way if bicycle makes a change to a file that's also open in Wing,
it'll get reloaded automatically rather than prompting (Wing will still
ask first, however, if you've concurrently changed the file in Wing).

Though it probably won't be in the next release, refactoring support
is a big part of where we are headed.

- Stephan