Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] two annoyances

Bryan Muir bmuir at eyrie.gsfc.nasa.gov
06 Nov 2002 10:30:18 -0500

Before I get to the things that are bugging me, let me say that I really
like WingIde. I have been using it for over a year now, everyday, all
day here at work.  In that time it has made tremendous progress and I
look forward to more to come. In fact, the debugger in Wing has saved me
countless hours of using prints and log files.  Its easily the best
Python debugger I've come across.

First, my system is:
Redhat Linux 7.1
WingIde 1.1.6-1
Python 2.2.1
Ximian Gnome desktop with Enlightenment 1.6 window manager.

Now for the two little warts that I find annoying.  And it is possible
that there is a way to fix both of these and I have just overlooked them
in the docs or preferences file somewhere..

As my project has a lot of directories, I tend to always have the
project manager open, but I would like to be able to get rid of the
documentation pane that is on the bottom.  Normally I end up manually
resizing the window so that the documentation pane is hidden.  Is there
a way to hide this? or make the project manager remember that I resized
the panel to be hidden?

The second one has to do with closing Wing.  The dialog that appears
asking if I really want to close Wing is roughly twice the size of my
screen.  I normally run in 1600x1200 resolution, and the OK button is
normally the entire width of the screen.  The cancel button is normally
off the screen.  Out of curiosity, I switched back to the sawfish window
manager and the close dialog takes up the entire screen, with both
buttons visible.  My question is, is there a way to make the dialog not
resize?

Other than these two issues,  I really have no complaints about Wing.

Congratulations on a great product.

Bryan Muir