News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing died in Windows 2000

Wing IDE Support support@wingide.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 14:27:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Marco Satyro wrote:
> Thanks for your quick response. It seems that my project file got damaged
> somehow. I deleted it and Wing started working again. I am attaching the
> file fyi.

The file you sent is actually a Python source file... so must have gotten
overwritten by a save as or something?

> If I may suggest, you may want to consider checking for the validity of that
> file and pop up a message informing the user that the project is invalid.

Yes, it shouldn't die on reading bad files!  Since the project files
are Python-esque it must be getting confused by the source file in ways
that we aren't dealing with well.

- Stephan