News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing died in Windows 2000

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel@wingide.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 12:43:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Marco Satyro wrote:
> I am using Wing on W2K for several months. Last night I was working on
> a project, closed Wing and this morning when I tried to use Wing again
> the splash screen appears but nothing else, the program just looks
> dead. I have not touched my system except yo check e-mail. I tried
> uninstalling Wing and installing again with identical results.

Try renaming the profiles/[username] directory in the Wing IDE
installation (where [username] is your login name on Windows).  It sounds
like something in there was changed and is causing Wing to hang up on
startup (could be preferences, contents of various per-user data files, or
analysis cache data).

You will need to re-point Wing to your license file (in the old
profiles/[username] dir) when you start it and may want to try copying in
your preferences if you've got anything in there that you're attached to.

If that does indeed solve the problem, please pack up the
profiles/[username] directory and email it to bugs@wingide.com.  We should
be able to reproduce the problem here and may be able to fix the bug that
caused it.

If that doesn't solve the problem, let us know too!  It could also be a
corruption in your project file.  Since Wing reopens that at startup,
doing the above may fix things only until you open the project.  If
that turns out to be the case, send us the project file and we should be
able to repair it for you and also hopefully fix the bug that caused it.

Sorry about that!

Thanks,

- Stephan