 Search:

[wingide-users] Search

Wing IDE Support support@wingide.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 09:16:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Gary Bishop wrote:
> The Wing IDE is great stuff. But I *hate* the way search works. I find my self
> drifting back to emacs because search works *so* much better there.

You can put Wing into emacs mode by setting the following preference:

editor.personality="emacs"

After restarting Wing, use C-s forward search and C-r reverse search.
Works like in emasc.

If you want C-f instead of C-s, modify keymap.emacs in the Wing
installation directory and restart Wing:

'Ctrl-F': 'search-forward'

(instead of the standard Ctrl-F -> forward-char emacs mapping)

In the future, all search will be more like the emacs mode, with embedded
search interface instead of a seperate dialog (most things will be
organized into a single window, with optional ability to zoom panels out
into seperate windows).

Hope that helps.

- Stephan