News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Error messages at winglite launch

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel@wingide.com
Sun, 19 May 2002 20:12:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 19 May 2002, Stephen Boulet wrote:
> After recompiling python (first removing /usr/lib/python*) and changing my
> PYTHONPATH to PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python2.2:/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages,
> and not setting PYTHONHOME, things are fine.

I'm guessing the problem was either a permissions problems on files or
different env in root vs. non-root (like possibly setting PYTHONHOME
to a wrong value).

> Quick question: I have a script up that says:
>
>    print 2+2
>
> A window pops up with (presumably) the answer, but goes away so fast I can't
> read it, regardless of whether I choose "Use project setting", "Use inherited
> console", or "Start new console" in the project setting...

Add the following to your preferences file and restart Wing:

debug.persist-console=true

You can get at your prefs file from the last item in the Edit menu.

Yea, it's dumb that this isn't in the Properties dialog too... this
will be fixed in future versions.

- Stephan