News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Editor issue with Wing on XDarwin (OS X)

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel@wingide.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 14:50:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 14 May 2002, SNYDER, BARRON F (AIT) wrote:
> Clicking on the blank area before opening a file still has no effect. But
> "New Window with Current View" does work. However, there is no way to change
> the view in the new window when one is finished with that view. Instead, I
> have to close the window and then do the "New Window with Current View"
> trick again with new code.

Yea, you can't move views from one window to another, so you're always
stuck with the same set of views in the same window.

You could New Cloned Window to have two windows, each with all the same
views.  But subsequently added views don't automatically clone, and
reopening the same file brings up the existing view, where ever it is, so
you end up back in the same boat.

This is some of the stuff we don't like about how Wing works now, as
far as this stuff is concerned... hence the 1.2 redesign.

- Stephan