News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Editor issue with Wing on XDarwin (OS X)

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel@wingide.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 12:14:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 14 May 2002, SNYDER, BARRON F (AIT) wrote:
> I've been using the new XDarwin version of Wing and can't seem to open two
> editor windows with code at the same time. I can open one without any
> problem, but when I try to open a second, it just puts the new view into the
> first window. When I open a blank editor window, the window opens but if I
> then try to view code, the new code appears in the first editor window,
> leaving the second one blank. This appears to be a bug unless Wing does not
> allow two editor windows showing different code to be open at once <g>.

I believe there is a bug under some window managers some of the time that
requires you to click on the surface of the new blank window in order
to get Wing to use it.

Another somewhat easier way to do this is open the new file into the
existing window and then do New Window with Current View from the File/New
area.  This moves the view out to a seperate window.  This is Ctrl-Alt-E
in normal editor mode or Ctrl-X 5 3 in emacs mode.

We don't particularly like the multi-window/view management in Wing now
and plan to change this substantially in 1.2.  But the above should
work for now.

- Stephan