News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] WingIDE does NOT do what it should

Patrick Carabin Patrick.Carabin@NaturalSciences.be
Tue, 14 May 2002 08:36:13 +0200

Some of the problems:

1 ) impossible to install WingIDE to work with a PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED
version of ZOPE. Zope was then inreacheable by a browser...  The only
thing that could work after ( long ) installation was the bundled
version Wing+Zope

3 ) After installing the bundle version, i discovered
- WingIDE could NOT debug Python Scripts
- WingIDE did not help writing  Python Scripts, which was THE MOST
IMPORTANT FEATURE AN IDE SHOULD DO
- WingIDE did even NOT indent Python programs !

It's ONLY if You solve these important problems that we can think to
re-install WingIDE. I'm now busy removing the installationS it did to
try testing...

Patrick Carabin.

Institut Royal des Sciences Naturelles de Belgique
http://www.SciencesNaturelles.be/
Koninklijk Belgisch Instituut voor Natuurwetenschappen
http://www.NatuurWetenschappen.be/

«Het geluk is niet op het einde van de weg, het geluk is de weg.»
«Le bonheur n'est pas au bout du chemin, le bonheur est le chemin.»
                                                 Dalaļ Lama.