 Search:

[wingide-users] mod_python usage

Wing IDE Support support@wingide.com
Mon, 13 May 2002 13:09:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 6 May 2002, Wing IDE Support wrote:
> FYI on the mod_python problem:  We've replicated this here... In order to
> get a somewhat more isolated run environment between page loads,
> mod_python is creating a thread state for each invocation, even tho there
> is no threading.  This blows away our debug tracer hook.
>
> We think we have a soln to this and will make a patch available when
> it's ready.

There is now a patch for users of mod_python on Linux to avoid the above
problem:

ftp://wingide.com/pub/wingide/1.1.4/mod_python_patch.tar.gz

NOTE:  This is for Linux only at this point.  We can make win32 or
macosx patches on request.  Otherwise, this functionality will become
available on all three platforms as part of Wing version 1.2.

To use the patch, just unpack this into your Wing IDE 1.1.4 installation
on Linux. Then restart Wing IDE.

For more info on debugging mod_python code with Wing see:

http://wingide.com/psupport/library/mod_python/mod_python-wing-howto.html

- Stephan

Wing IDE for Python                          Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
www.wingide.com                              Take Flight!