News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Feature Request: Refactoring

Ken Kinder kkinder@rackspace.com
10 May 2002 13:42:28 -0500

The thing is about Java and C++ is that they are strongely typed and you
can be reasonably certain you found all the references. I don't know how
you would, for example, figure out __dict__ references or exec()
references of any number of the odd things Python programmers do. :)
Even if you did follow all the imports diligently.

I'd go for CVS integration over refactoring as a feature request,
personally. BTW, a really cool tool for CVS is cervisia. It's a KDE
program but doesn't try to start up KFM compulsively or anything.

Still, refactoring is groovy.