 Search:

[wingide-users] Windows Menu (and more)

Wing IDE Support support@wingide.com
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:50:47 -0500 (EST)

On 21 Mar 2002, Ken Kinder wrote:
> On the windows menu? It would be nice if it highlighted unsaved files in
> one color and files that have changed on the disk in another color.

This is somewhere on our list already.  Perhaps we can do this as part
of our current redesign work.

> I'm in single window mode, press alt+e. My Edit menu pops up like I
> expected, and a new window pops up... hrm... conflicting key bindings??

Looks like it's confused by the shift-alt-e binding for move-editor-to-
new-window (in 'normal' editor mode).  Yes, indeed, return of the infernal
key binding bugs associated with the shift key.  I've added it as a
high-priority item.  You can work around it by editing the keymap.normal
file in your installation to comment out or alter problem bindings.

> Ah -- I think I spotted what's wigging me out with focus hints.
>
> When I hit ctrl+f to get a search and replace window, it does get focus.
> But as soon as I type something that matches in the editor window, the
> editor takes focus, and I have to manually put focus back in the
> search/replace manager.
>
> Does that make sense?

The editor shouldn't take focus, although the search manager does by
default do incremental search so would select text in the editor.  This
must be the result of some focus policy stuff in your X setup.  Perhaps it
gives focus to the X selection owner?

- Stephan