News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Request for feedback: Wing IDE GUI redesign

Wing IDE Support support@wingide.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:11:38 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

We've had many requests for a single-window style interface for Wing IDE
and are in the process of redesigning the GUI so that this will become an
option (and probably even the default) in version 1.2.

As part of this process, we would like to see if we can solicit some
opinions and suggestions about this change.  We have in mind two phases
for this:

1) For phase one, please send us your thoughts on the worst problems that
need to be solved, GUI features you really want to see, and any religious
opinions about correct layout and behaviors for MDI style interfaces.

2) In a week or two, we should have some design mockups or graphics and we
will send a second email to solicit opinions on the specific design we
plan to build.

Although we can't guarantee any particular design opinions will make it
into the product, this is a great way to help us build a product with
broad appeal that makes as few compromises as is realistically possible.

Please send your responses directly to info@wingide.com, unless you feel
your response is of interest to others on this list, or may lead to useful
discussion.

Thanks very much!

The Wing IDE Team