News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Private attributes not recognized by Interactive Debug Probe

Wing IDE Support support@wingide.com
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:17:59 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Wing IDE Support wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Rick Sivernell wrote:
> > Question  When will the wing ide start using the scroll
> > wheel on trackballs & mice?
>
> It already supports this on Windows but there is a problem on Linux/X.
> I'll add this as an item to look into soon, as it's likely a small bug.

We just looked at this and it works for us... under Mandrake 8.1 with
the Sawfish window manager.  Thus, it's likely some configuration problem
on your system.

Take a look in your X config file (probably /etc/X11/XFConfig).
Adding an entry in the "Pointer" section like this may help:

Option ZAxisMapping "4 5"

(you may have to omit "Option" keyword or the quotes around "4 5")

Details here (also covers handling >1 wheel):

http://www.xfree86.org/4.0/mouse5.html#23

In any case, Wing (gtk actually) expects button 4 and 5 to be the
way in which the wheel is emulated under X.

Please let us know if that doesn't work for some reason.

Thanks,

- Stephan