 Search:

[wingide-users] debugging COM servers

MBarclay@cri-inc.com MBarclay@cri-inc.com
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:13:59 -0500

> Did you actually try and fail to get it to find the debugger stuff or was
> this just your impression from looking at the contents of the debugger
> directories?

It was indeed just my impression, but since I changed more than two things
at once (a troubleshooting no-no), I probably arrived at the wrong
assumption.
Thanks for teh extra info. I will put it to use.

Mark

> 2) Python 2.1.1 did not have a debugging support folder in the standard
> Wing IDE installation.
> my fix:
> In my case, WingIDE is installed in C:\Program Files\Wing IDE.
> In that directory, the bin directory contained a 2.1.0 directory, but not
> 2.1.1 directory. So I copied the 2.1.0 directory and renamed it to 2.1.1.
> This allowed me to connect to the debugger when running a python script
by
> calling the python21.dll from C++ or C#. This seemed like a kludgy
solution
> but it worked. If there is a more dependable way (perhaps to build a
custom
> 2.1.1 folder from first principles), I hope archaeopteryx will consider
> supplying such a directory in future releases.

There is no 2.1.0 folder because there is import magic in the debugger
code (see wingdbstub.py) that steps back to the 2.1.0 directory if you're
using 2.1.1+.  This will always work except if there's a byte code
generation fix, in which case we'ld have to include another directory also
(but so far this hasn't been necessary to support the new minor releases).

Did you actually try and fail to get it to find the debugger stuff or was
this just your impression from looking at the contents of the debugger
directories?

- Stephan