 Search:

[wingide-users] ctrl+j

Wing IDE Support support@wingide.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:39:12 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Ken Kinder wrote:
> Minor issue with ctrl+j on code.
>
> If I have something like this:
>
>     def render(self):
>         data = self._get_data_str()
>
>         self._runprefab(data, values=self.values, explode=self.explode,
>                         colors=' '.join(self.colors), labels=self.labels, delim='tab',
>                         title=self.title)
>
> and I hit ctrl+j on the self._runprefab(...) part, it tends to break up
> my string literal, and result in:
>
>         self._runprefab(data, values=self.values, explode=self.explode, colors='
>                         '.join(self.colors), labels=self.labels, delim='tab', title=self.title)

Yup, we need to improve auto-wrap to handle more cases like this... this
is one of a number of cases where we need to use source analysis to
identify atomic units in the line.  Right now we just use analysis to
determine the extent of the line, which at least localizes the chaos! ;)

I'd also like Wing to handle string concatenation in a smarter way so
strings joined over multiple lines by implicit string continue or + can be
split up and rejoined, moving around the quoted boundaries in a way that
doesn't alter the string's value.

This is already on the list... not sure when we'll get to it tho.

Thanks,

- Stephan