News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing does not attach to the remote process

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel@wingide.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:14:17 -0400 (EDT)

Another pass at this, now that I see the problem:

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, Robert Rottermann wrote:
> I try to debug a zope session on a Linux box with my NT2000 based Wing.
> However Wing (the one on NT2000) does not see (change to "running") the remote process.
>
> This is what I have done:
> - installed wing on the remote computer
> - copied wingdbstub to a directory in the import path
> - replaced ZRendevous.py
> - changed the start-up script to use -t 0
> - changed wingdbstub as follows
>     kWingHostPort = '192.168.1.210:50005'
> - changed preferences
>     debug.passive-hosts=('127.0.0.1','192.168.1.210')

Looks like either kWingHostPort or debug.passive-hosts is wrong:  The
former should be the IP address of the machine on which Wing IDE runs
and the latter should contain the IP address of the machine on which
the debug process runs.  You've listed the same IP in both.

In my setup debugging a process running on a Linux host (192.168.1.200)
using Wing IDE running on a Win2K machine (192.168.1.210), I have:

debug.passive-listen=true
debug.passive-hosts=('127.0.0.1', '192.168.1.200')

kWingHostPort='192.168.1.210:50005'

To get things to work right, I also set up Samba for file sharing of my
Linux home directory to e: on the win2k box, and have a location map
defined in Wing IDE preferences on the win2k machine:

debug.location-map=('192.168.1.200': [('/home/sdeibel/testremote', \
                                       'file:e:/testremote')]}

Also, the thing I said earlier about .wingdebugpw before was nonsense.
You don't need to copy that file over unless you want to be able to
Attach/Detach, where the contents is used as part of the security
challenge made to the Wing IDE instance.

If you just let the debug process initiate the debug connection back to
the IDE as it imports wingdbstub, then you don't need .wingdebugpw (unless
you get into channel encryption, which by default is off).

Sorry I missed the error the first time around...

- Stephan