News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Re: Better late than never?

MBarclay@cri-inc.com MBarclay@cri-inc.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:33:05 -0400

I'd love to see this feature ("search forward in the currently edited file
") bound to ctrl-F3. Anyone who has used MS dev studio (or tools patterned
after it), will also be right at home with that key binding.

And if it's easy, binding ("search backward in the currently edited file")
to ctrl-shift-F3 would also be very nice. And F3 repeates search forward,
shift-F3 repeats search backward. I would use those 4 bindings more than
any other non-trivial keystrokes.

Thanks

Mark

                    "Stephan R.A.
                    Deibel"              To:     <MBarclay@cri-inc.com>
                    <sdeibel@wingi       cc:
                    de.com>              Subject:     Better late than never?

                    06/14/2002
                    11:18 AM

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 MBarclay@cri-inc.com wrote:
> I'd love to see a way to search forward in the currently edited file for
> the contents of the current selection.

Since we rewrote the search manager, this got delayed.  However, we've
ended up adding it in the non-rewritten search manager in version 1.1.5.
It'll be there in future releases too, but with some changes because
there will be changes in the search GUI in general.

Version 1.1.5 should be out some time next week, barring any problems
found in testing.

- Stephan

Wing IDE for Python                          Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
www.wingide.com                              Take Flight!