News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Program crashes in debugger when importing inspect

Fredrik Juhlin laz@strakt.com
14 Jun 2002 16:09:35 +0200

On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 15:01, Stephan R.A. Deibel wrote:
> On 14 Jun 2002, Fredrik Juhlin wrote:
> > When I try to run a program in the debugger that imports the inspect
> > module, the program crashes with the exception "Sequence index out of
> > range: list index out of range" in /usr/lib/python2.2/sre_parse.py.
> > The simplest case to reproduce the bug is with a file merely containing
> > a line with "import inspect".
>
> This is an exception that is raised during normal operation but that
> Wing IDE cannot detect as being handled, so in the default exception
> reporting mode it stops at this point.
I'm embarrassed to admit that I knew about this but it never occured to
me that that was what had happened. I was helped in a mail sent directly
to me and I'll use the same excuse as I did in my response there; it has
to be because it's Friday :)

Anyway, thanks for the reply and sorry to bother you over nothing.

//Fredrik