News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

Re[2]: [wingide-users] modify local variables?

Wing IDE Support support@wingide.com
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 21:57:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Rick Kier wrote:
> Hope it is something we are doing wrong.

Nope, it's a bug in our code.  The problem seems to be that if a local is
already defined, you can't change or remove it.  But if a local is newly
created, you can (re)set and alter or delete it just fine.  This in
combination with the fact that globals work is why we missed this in
testing.

It looks to me like our own code's stack frames might somehow be
interacting with the debug process, although it's definately some
Python frame oddity and not just a dumb error on our part.

I'll see if we can make a patch for this.

- Stephan