 Search:

[wingide-users] modify local variables?

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel@wingide.com
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:10:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Rick Kier wrote:
>   Is anyone able to modify local variables?
>
>   If yes, how?

Hmm, this works for me (Wing 1.1.4 + Python 2.2.1).  The value is changed
in the debugger display too.  I tried a couple of different cases and all
worked... does it always fail for you or any chance you can see a pattern
for the cases it fails?  Also, if you type the value name in the Debug
Probe, does it show the correct new value or the old one?  Finally, does
it help to do the following:

locals()['myvar'] = 'myvalue'

?

It's possible there is a problem in Wing's value cache, but typing
anything in the Debug Probe flushes that so it seems unlikely.  May
also happen if your environment for some reason replaces the locals
dict with an immutable dict-like object.

- Stephan