[wingide-users] "The debug process never connected" message -- Solved

Stephen Boulet
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:21:25 -0500

Just to let you know, this ftplib script works fine on my installation, b=
wingide still has problems connecting its debug process.

This solved the problem for me:

   rm -f `find /usr/lib/python2.2 -name "*socket*"`
   emerge python # a gentoo command to compile python from source

So it seems that some file with 'socket' in its name is the culprit. The=20
choices are:

-- Stephen