News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] "The debug process never connected" message

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel@wingide.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 23:59:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Stephen Boulet wrote:
> Is there any way to fix the python installation rather than removing it
> entirely? I'm using Gentoo linux, which requires python to install/upgrade
> packages. If I remove python, I throw a big monkey wrench into the works.

We haven't found a work-around yet that allows you to just fix the
installation once it's been updated in this way.  Installing side-by-side
is the best approach for now.

It would be nice to trace this down at some point.  Although it doesn't
affect all Python programs it very likely affects anything that uses
sockets (and not just Wing IDE's debugger).  It is a fix that would be
nice to see in future Python versions.

- Stephan

Wing IDE for Python                          Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
www.wingide.com                              Take Flight!