 Search:

[wingide-users] Won't save

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel@wingide.com
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 16:38:25 -0400 (EDT)

On 9 Jul 2002, Ken Kinder wrote:
> This might sound a bit odd, but I can't save a file. If I actually use
> the pull down menu, click save, nothing happens. The * does not go away
> on the status bar, and the menu button is not deleted.
>
> If I close the window and hit "Save Selected Files" nothing happens and
> the window does not close.

Sounds to me like Wing is hitting some sort of exception internally
and thus failing to complete the save sequence.

Can you send your error-log file to support@wingide.com?

In general, when stuff like this happens, it's a good idea to send us the
error log. It's located in ~/.wingide on Linux or profiles/[username] on
Windows, inside the Wing IDE installation directory.  Be sure to indicate
what version of Wing you're running.

Sorry about this... clearly not a nice bug.

- Stephan