News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing feature request - context searching

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:34:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Jacob Lundqvist wrote:
> It would be nice to have context aware searches:
>
> Suggested modes:
> "String searching","syntax searching" and "plain-searching",

This is a good idea, and may not be that hard since we can already easily
check whether a search result is in a string or docstring or not (and thus
filter them).

I'd also seperate strings from docstrings, and replace 'plain' with 'code
symbols' and allow all of these to be accessible via checkboxes so any
combo is available.

Thanks for the idea!

- Stephan