News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Re: More Wing feature requests

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:30:51 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Manoj Plakal wrote:
> Also, it would be good to expose all preferences
> in the GUI rather than having to hand-edit the
> preferences file and re-start Wing. Why is this
> necessary right now? At least, it would be good to
> get a complete commented list of preferences
> in the user's preference file so that you can
> uncomment and edit the ones you want to change.

The preferences stuff is a bit odd, yes.  The need to restart will
eventually go away and we'll add better support for editing the file.
Maybe just comments at first but also we'ld like to see colorizing and
mouse-over doc strings or auto-completion for values. A gui is another
option, but may not be worth the extra effort if tips and autocompletion
are there.

Thanks for the other feedback too.  Those items were already in
our plans for Wing.

- Stephan