Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing on Mac OS X

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:20:32 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Richard Chamberlain wrote:
> What are Archaeopteryx's policy on ports like this? i.e Can Manoj post
> this up somewhere for other OS X users? I've got the linux version of
> Wing, which I no longer use because I don't often use Linux anymore -
> so the OS X version would be ideal.

Licensees have the explicit right to make and distribute patch files, but
are not allowed to distribute our source code except the normal amount
you'ld have in context diffs.  Also, although you can work with the
sources all you want, you officially can't disable the license checks nor
distribute patches that do so, so we'll need to solve that issue before
Manoj can distribute his patches (we let him temporarily disable licensing
to facilitate the port).

Our plan is to merge in the changes and get an imac so we can properly
support the OS/X port (and perhaps figure out why gtk is so slow there;
we've seen some sluggishness displaying over the network that might be
related).

With Python10 on its way, this won't happen until February.  In the
interim, we'll get Manoj set up with what he needs to make a patch and
perhaps we can get a binary beta built as well so those that currently
don't have a paid license can also try it out on OS/X.

- Stephan