News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] More Wing feature requests

Manoj Plakal terabaap@yumpee.org
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:54:53 -0600

Stephan R.A. Deibel wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 ken@kenkinder.com wrote:
>>It would be really cool if in Wing you could browse your project using
>>something similar to PyDoc.
>>
> Yes, we plan to add a documentation-oriented browsing tool fairly soon.
> We're still in the process of prioritizing for 1.2+ plans so I can't
> say for sure when.
>
> Incidentally, along those lines, anyone that wants to influence our
> planning for the next release should send email to info@wingide.com
> with their wish list.  The more feedback we get the better... so don't
> be shy!

         Well, since you asked for it, here goes :)

         In addition to doc-browsing via pydoc, it would be
         cool to get IDE support for:

             - tooltips for docstrings and function args
               (as in PyCrust)
             - running PyChecker to check code
             - running unittest or other test suite
             - running in Python profiling mode and being
               able to browse the profile
             - running a code coverage tool (e.g., the
               Tools/scripts/trace.py script in recent
               Python releases)
             - integration with CVS or other revision control system

          Also, it would be good to expose all preferences
          in the GUI rather than having to hand-edit the
          preferences file and re-start Wing. Why is this
          necessary right now? At least, it would be good to
          get a complete commented list of preferences
          in the user's preference file so that you can
          uncomment and edit the ones you want to change.

          Manoj