News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Tips for using search and structural folding?

Gary Bishop gb@cs.unc.edu
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:59:00 EST

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:42:55 -0500 (EST) "Stephan R.A. Deibel"
<sdeibel@archaeopteryx.com> wrote:
> > 3) Can I preserve the folding from one session to the next? Or start up in
> > folded mode?
>
> Currently, folding isn't saved across sessions.  You can quickly fold up
> all fold points if you use alt-home (alt-end expands all).  What we were
> already planning was to add a smart folder that folds up all but still
> shows the top-level functions/methods and optionally also method
> docstrings.  Sounds like we should also allow the user the option of
> preserving fold state across sessions, and allow also the option to
> initially apply the smart folder, once that exists.

Actually, what you suggest about smart folding that shows the top level would
satisfy. I only asked about preserving folds across sessions to approximate
that.

Thanks
gb