News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Tips for using search and structural folding?

Gary Bishop gb@cs.unc.edu
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:30:52 EST

I'm a new user trying to figure out the best way to use the editor. I have
several questions:

1) When I type ctrl-F to activate the search manager, the string from my last
search is still there. If I use multiple backspace characters to delete it, I
get an incremental search on every character. I can select the word with the
mouse and delete it but this requires using the mouse. Is there some quick,
keyboard way, to kill the old search string?

2) When I search while the text is folded the manager will tell me the search
succeeded but I can't see it. Is there a way to automagically open folded
sections during a search? Or failing that, to manually open the fold with the
found string?

3) Can I preserve the folding from one session to the next? Or start up in
folded mode?

Thanks
gb