Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing on Mac OS X

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:01:46 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 ken@kenkinder.com wrote:
> My prior boss was a BSD user who wanted to run Wing. I think he
> contacted you guys about it. That would be a similar port, right?

Yes, it and other unix-like OS ports should be relatively easy.  But of
course even an easy port is non-trivial added overhead in packaging,
testing, and support with each new release.  Otherwise I suppose we'ld be
madly porting Wing to each of these.

BTW, I've heard people claim that BSD has a linux binary compatibility
module that can run linux software faster than linux can, but slower than
it would if the software were ported native to BSD.  Does anyone know if
that's true, or if Wing runs on BSD in this way?

- Stephan