Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing on Mac OS X

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 09:55:05 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Manoj Plakal wrote:
> Does Wing IDE run on MacOS X? Has anyone tried
> building from source? There are reports of
> successfully building GTK/wxGTK/wxPython so
> I was wondering if Wing would work too.

It has not been ported to MacOS X, although we do have hopes that this is
not going to be a difficult port.  There are likely to be a few problems
with process control for the debug process but yes it sounds like GTK can
work under the X server support for MacOS X (which is optional, I believe,
but would be a requirement of any reasonably doable port of Wing IDE).

I don't expect we'll be doing this port real soon, but would consider
working with anyone motivated enough to actually try it.

Incidentally, it may be quite easy to port just the debug server to
Mac OS X and then run the IDE on Linux or Windows and debug remotely.
Currently requires file sharing to be available between the two systems
but it's known to work between Linux and Windows and in one case Windows
and Lynx OS (a proprietary realtime OS).

- Stephan