Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Supported Mainloops

Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:30:49 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, F. GEIGER wrote:
> I gave anygui a try and found, that PythonWin is not a "Supported Mainloop"
> (s. _extensions.py) in WingIDE.
>
> anygui tries them in this order. So on my Win2k box 'msw' is anygui's
> prefered backend. In the manual they say, that 'msw' means
> 'PythonWin'. As this is not a mainloop supported by WingIDE
> breakpoints aren't hit anymore after a call to the Application
> object's run method.

If breakpoints aren't hit at all, even if set before you start to run,
it's probably not the mainloop support that's the problem.  That should
only affect responsiveness of a free-running program to Pause or
breakpoint editing from the IDE.

Might be that multiple threads are being spawned, or code is somehow being
executed so that Wing can't ID the code objects (there's a list of the odd
cases that cause this in the Limitations section of the Debugger chapter
in the manual).

We'll have to try to replicate this here... yes, we should add msw
mainloop support, although the problem sounds deeper than that.

Thanks for reporting this.

- Stephan