 Search:

[wingide-users] Picky format stuff

Wing IDE Support support@wingide.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:54:22 -0500 (EST)

On 21 Feb 2002, Ken Kinder wrote:
> Is there a way it could limit line length based on a configuration
> directive, not window size? I looked for a feature like this, but
> couldn't locate one.

Preference edit.text-wrap-column does this.  However, there's a bug in the
^J feature that causes leading space not to be taken into account, so
docstrings with a lot of indentation end up extending too far to the
right.

> Another slight annoyance. My cursor is where the ^ is:
>
> 	def foo():
> 		"""Blah blah blah blah
> 		blah blah blah. ^
> 		"""
>
> If I type ctrl+j, it formats the docstring, but puts my cursor at the
> beginning of the line. If I want to reformat half-way through typing my
> docstring, I have to hit "end" right after ctrl+j -- a minor issue, but
> it would be nice if ctrl+j didn't relocate my cursor.

Yes, this should be changed too.  I'd also like to be able to wrap
things like

  x = "this is a string" + x + "and so forth" + t + \
      "more string" + z + "and so on"

and

  if x and y and \
     x and q or \
     u and i:

So there's definately going to be another round of improvements for this
tool.

Thanks,

- Stephan