News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Private attributes not recognized by Interactive Debug Probe

Wing IDE Support support@wingide.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:20:56 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Rick Sivernell wrote:
> Question  When will the wing ide start using the scroll
> wheel on trackballs & mice?

It already supports this on Windows but there is a problem on Linux/X.
I'll add this as an item to look into soon, as it's likely a small bug.

> Also I would think a config option to allow individual MDI, not
> tabbed, developer window.

This is planned but we need to prioritize with other enabling
functionality like ftp/webdav support, call tips, and so on... things that
can't be done at all right now in the IDE.

We're getting requests for just about every conceivable windowing mode and
want to make things as configurable as possible in the longer term, but
it's likely going to take a bit of time to do that.  Originally, we
planned MDI style mode to be available already in 1.0 but making the
debugger and source code analysis really solid took precedence over this
kind of extra flexibility.

This is a good chance to plug our consulting services:  This is one way
to get features sooner than they might appear otherwise. ;-)

Sorry for my delay in responding... we usually try to respond within 24
hours.

- Stephan

Wing IDE for Python                          Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
www.wingide.com                              Take Flight!