News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] "File Open" convenience feature

MBarclay@cri-inc.com MBarclay@cri-inc.com
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 08:27:32 -0500

Still very impressed with WingIDE!

Yet, I'd like to know if there is a way to have Wing IDE accept files
dragged onto it in Windows Explorer, resulting in opening them in the text
editor.

Failing that, would it be possible to have Wing IDE do a start-up check to
see if an instance of itself is already running, and if, so, just activate
that instance, and parse teh command line for filenames. That is a fairly
standard behaviour for 50% or more of the Windows IDEs I have used.

And if neither is possible/feasible, are there any more convenient ways to
open Python files (or text file in general) without making them part of teh
project and without using the menu?

Thanks in advance.

Mark