[wingide-users] How do you refactor your code?

F. GEIGER fgeiger at
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:59:57 +0100

Hi all,

this is more of a Python problem than a WingIDE problem, but I guess I'm not
the only one finding this annoying:

When I refactor a program, i.e. move classes, move methods, and then change
the names of classes and methods, there's no help in changing the code
lines, which refer to those classes and methods.

I always have to press F5 then, click thru the GUI of my program, just to
discover, that there's still a wrong name left. So, correct it, F5 again,
click, click, click, arrrgh - name error again.

This is the moment where I wish I had a compiler.

I've heard of Bycicle Repair Man, but is this an option on Windows (heard
you need Emacs for that)?

How is your procedure in this regard?

I'm still using ver. 1.1.3, so perhaps in 1.1.7 there's already some support
built-in in this regard?

Many thanls in advance and best regards