Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Printing Large Data Structures in Debug Probe

Ken Kinder kkinder at rackspace.com
05 Dec 2002 07:11:05 -0600

Let's say I were debugging something which has some moderately large
data structures. Not huge, just like a list of a hundred or two
elements, each element a dictionary of a few dozen elements, each one of
those elements very small.

Which, by the way, happens to be exactly what I'm doing.

When I try to evaluate this data structure on the interactive debug
probe, WingIDE just kind of freezes for a few moments, and then prints
nothing, as though I never hit enter. I'm not sure how you'd actually
resolve something like that, but it should at least print something,
like "variable too large" or whatnot.

--
Ken Kinder
Requirements Manager; Core Team -- Rackspace Managed Hosting(tm)