Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Indentation confusion.

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 14:26:51 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Tom Whittock wrote:
> I stumbled along a feature that perhaps needs to be made a little more
> clear in the documentation, since it's had me confused for the last hour
> or so...
>
> edit.indent-size is actually set by the first code-like indent in a file.

It actually analyses all the indents in the file and determines the form
of indent to use based on the most common found in the file.  In the file
you sent, it looks like there is an equal number of 3-space indents and
4-space indents so 3 spaces were chosen.  We should probably change this
to ignore commented-out lines as indicators of indentation.

Also looks like we need to change our Indentation Manager (available from
Source menu) to be more resistant to this kind of thing.  It should focus
on the relative indent/outdent preceding each logical line of code and
substitute the specified style/size of indent.  Right now it also gets
confused by your test case because it thinks the 4-indented lines are
indented two levels and not one.

Thanks for pointing this out.

- Stephan