News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Change background color?

Wing IDE Support support@wingide.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:51:50 -0400 (EDT)

On 25 Apr 2002, Tom Jenkins wrote:
> anyone able to change the background color?

I believe what you want is not the printing stuff but something like the
following (if the code were in scintillamodule.cxx):

int backcolor = (( back_b & 0xff ) << 16 ) | ((back_g & 0xff) << 8 ) | (back_r & 0xff);
scintilla_send_message(get_sci(editor), SCI_STYLESETBACK, SCI_STYLEDEFAULT, backcolor);

Wing doesn't have any way to alter the colors use for hilighting or
background in the editor right now, but we'ld certainly accept a patch to
do that (and will eventually do it ourselves anyway).

Unfortunately it's not totally straight forward to do this, because
changing the background will in most cases also requires changing the
foreground colors to match reasonably.  To do that right, a whole table of
color choices is needed, one for each supported document type + lexer
state, plus the color used for current debug line and hilight.

- Stephan