 Search:

[wingide-users] W2K Server Issues

Wing IDE Support support@wingide.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:03:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Czajkowski, Greg wrote:
> C:\WingIDE\bin>console_wing.exe -v
> WINGHOME IS C:\WingIDE
> --orig-python-path
> 'import exceptions' failed; use -v for traceback
> Warning!  Falling back to string-based exceptions
> 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "C:\WingIDE\bin\wing.py", line 13, in ?
>     import os
> ImportError: No module named os
>
> Any ideas?

My first guess is that this is an upgrade problem.  Check that
bin/PyCore/lib/python1.5/os.py is present under your Wing installation.

The soln is probably to uninstall Wing completely on this machine, remove
any remaining files manually (other than the profiles directory) and then
reinstall.

- Stephan