[wingide-users] How to see output of executions

Wing IDE Support
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:35:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Alexander v. Zitzewitz wrote:
> is gone. I tried to use the interactive shell, but it seems t be always in
> the wrong directory. (Is it possible to get a Python shell for the project
> directory?

Indeed, it seems to default in the debug server machinery's directory.
I'll make a note that we should change this to the project directory.
You can do this manually of course:

import os

Note, BTW, that code launched from the Interactive Shell can't be
debugged with the Wing debugger.  You can use the Debug Probe to
interact with a paused debug process, but breakpoints are not
reached in the debugger as a result of anything typed even there.
(This is related to supporting multi-thread and multi-process
debugging, so will eventually be fixed).

The other emails should answer your question about getting Wing to
stop after exiting your program.  If you run into any problems with
that, please let me know.

- Stephan