News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

AW: [wingide-users] How to see output of executions

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel@wingide.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:29:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, F. GEIGER wrote:
> In an early version of WingIDE the console window stayed inactive on the
> screen after the programm had finished.
>
> Nowadays I always add this line to programs, that should not close the
> console window after they have finished:
>
> raw_input("Finished. Press any key to exit...")

Wing can also do this for you if you set the preference:

debug.persist-console=true

And also select Start New Console at the bottom of the Debug Properties /
Project Properties dialog.

The default for the above pref was changed to false some time before 1.1
because it seemed to conflict with more development styles (e.g., GUI
development) than not.

We're planning a graphical preferences editor, which will make some of
these hidden capabilities a bit more obvious in version 1.2.

- Stephan

Wing IDE for Python                          Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
www.wingide.com                              Take Flight!