News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Scheduled server down time

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel@wingide.com
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 19:29:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Our web site will be down for brief periods of time between 1 PM and 4 PM
EST on Monday, April 22nd, as we upgrade our server hardware.

This will affect online support materials, documentation, and downloads.

The most likely impact will be on Linux users that access the Python
manual from the Help menu.  Wing goes to our server if the manual cannot
be found locally, which is often the case on Linux.

One way to avoid depending on our server for docs is to download and
install the Python HTML manual locally inside the Wing IDE installation
directory, in a sub-directory python-manual/#.#, where #.# is the major
and minor version number of the Python version (e.g., 1.5, 2.0, 2.1, or
2.2).

You can download the HTML manual from these locations:

ftp://wingide.com/pub/wingide/3rdparty/python/
http://wingide.com/pub/wingide/3rdparty/python/
ftp://python.org/pub/python/doc/

Sorry for any inconvenience.

- Stephan