 Search:

[wingide-users] windows problem

Wing IDE Support support@wingide.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:41:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Tom Jenkins wrote:
> "c:\src\ide-113\bin\1.5.2\src\debug\server\abstract.pyo", line 217, in
> _GetEncryptionType
> wingide - 2002/04/19 11:57:40 - AttributeError: GetUserName
>

> can anyone lend a hand please?

This is probably a problem in the install.  The soln is to uninstall Wing
IDE from the Add/Remove Programs control panel, then manually remove
all but the 'profiles' directory from C:\Program Files\Wing IDE (or
wherever Wing is), then install 1.1.3 again.

This usually happens when you've applied a patch over the previous
version.  Some Windows installers refuse to remove files for some
reason that we'ld love to figure out but don't yet understand.  The
result is a mix of old and new files which of course doesn't work
at all.

If that doesn't help, let me know.

- Stephan

Wing IDE for Python                          Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
www.wingide.com                              Take Flight!