 Search:

[wingide-users] User defined fonts

Wing IDE Support support@wingide.com
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 15:54:51 -0500 (EST)

On 2 Apr 2002, Martin Preishuber wrote:
> I just tried wingide when running KDE and noticed some problems with
> fonts (the menus were pretty huge). I manage to change most of the fonts
> by using gui.display-font-name gui.display-font-size, but that doesn't
> change all fonts. Fonts, which are not change are "Debugger: Ready and
> idle" and the "Public", "Private", "Semi-Private" checkboxes in the
> source browser window (the "Classes", "Methods", ... are correct).
> How can I change those remaining fonts ?

That's odd because the same code that sets the working source browser
items is also setting the non-working ones.

Are you using a recent version of Wing IDE and the version of GTK that
comes with Wing (it's the one used by default, unless you've manually
changed it)?

Maybe this is some odd font encoding problem.  In Wing IDE 1.1.3 at later,
you can give the full X font spec for the gui.display-font-name preference
(the gui.display-font-size pref is then ignored).  A font spec looks like
this:

-*-lucida-medium-r-normal-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1

Running xfontsel is one way to determine the font spec.  Try making sure
you include the encoding (the iso8859-1 part in the above example), as
some X servers seem to do odd things when that's missing.

Hope that helps.

- Stephan