Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Python Version

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:21:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Ken Kinder wrote:
> Sometimes I develop code that works with more than one version of Python.
> In this case, in the run dialog or project properties dialog, it would
> be easier to have a drop-down menu for the python executable so I can
> choose between 1.5 and 2.1, or whatnot. Perhaps a combination drop-down
> textbox?

Good suggestion.  It's now on the list, but post-1.1.

In the interim, it might be just as easy to create two otherwise identical
projects and switch between them with the Recent item in the Project menu.
If you do this, to avoid closing all the windows or reopening windows, set
the following prefs as desired:

proj.reopen-windows=false
proj.close-also-windows=false

Another idea is to define two entry points in the same project:  Create
two python files that just invoke your other code, and then set the
per-file debug properties for each to use different Python interpreters.
To launch either use Debug Current File from the Run menu or right-click
on the project list and use Debug Selected.  In this case, note that
source analysis and code completion will use the interpreter you select
project-wide or for the main debug file, if you've defined one.

Finally, you could use wingdbstub and launch from the command line using
the desired interpreter.  See the manual for details on how to set that
up.

Hope that helps.

- Stephan